Board Certified Oral Surgeon in Raleigh, NC, Scott A. Hum
Dr. Scott A. Hum is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental Medicine. Following graduation, Dr. Hum completed a two-year Hospital Dentistry Residency at the North Carolina Memorial Hospital/the University of North Carolina, School of Dentistry in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
He interned in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD.
Dr. Hum received his Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency training at The Ohio State University/ University Hospitals in Columbus, Ohio. Dr. Hum also completed his Master of Science degree at The Ohio State University. He served as Senior Registrar in Maxillofacial Surgery at Sunderland General Hospital, Sunderland, England.
Board Certified Oral Surgeon
Dr. Hum received his Board certification from the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 1994. Board certification is achieved after the rigorous written and oral examination. The American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is recognized by the American Dental Association as the specialty board for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Hum was re-certified as a Diplomate by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2004 and again in 2014. Dr. Hum was also recognized as a Diplomate by the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology in 2004.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Clinical Instructor, Dept. of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2009 – 2017
- Member, Academy of Osteointegration
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, North Carolina Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
President 2007- 2009
Executive Board 1999-2011
- Member, North Carolina Society of Dental Anesthesia
President 1999 – 2001
- Chief, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Rex Healthcare 1999 – 2001
- Surgical Executive Committee, Rex Healthcare 1999 –2001
- Anesthesia Site Inspector, North Carolina Board of Dental Examiners, 1992 –
Dr. Hum is married to Melanie and the Hums have three adult daughters. The Hums live in Raleigh and are members of St. Andrews Presbyterian Church.